Electrical Drive System EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 13443
- Job ID 13443
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Interfaces with other groups (Marketing, Sales, etc.) to understand customer requirements and creates drive system specifications to meet their needs.
- Interfaces with other Liebherr companies to develop, design, and test AC & DC drive systems.
- Develops the control theory required to meet design target.
- Creates the documentation necessary to describe control theory.
- Works with other Engineers to specify proper drive components (ex. IGBT modules, DC to DC Converters, Chopper Modules and other associated hardware).
- Investigates and test vendors' products.
- Works as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Works along with other Engineers to design, install, test, analyze, and maintain the drive system components, equipment, and software necessary to meet requirements.
- Works with other Engineers to research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data.
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Participates in Engineering Development Program.
Bachelors degree (BSEE/EET, BSCE) or equivalent with four years control engineering or equivalent experience in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of software programming tools (ex. CoDeSys, C++, etc.).
- Knowledge of communication protocols (ex. RS232, CanOpen, J1939, etc.).
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools necessary to verify software stability and function.
- Knowledge of control logic (ex. PID, Open loop control, etc.).
- Ability to write specifications that describe control functions.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Knowledge of BaaN system as it relates to truck BOM structure and inventory control.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.