Automation Controls EngineerSaline, MI | Job ID 19949
- Job ID 19949
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Automation Systems Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 03/19/2020
The Automation Controls Engineer develops controls documentation like interface descriptions, sequence of operations etc. for automation projects,performs reach studies and time calculations for robot cells, and other automation equipment. This individual should have experience programming robots (Fanuc, ABB, Kuka) and automation equipment (Siemens, Fanuc, Allen-Bradley - Rockwell). The Automation Controls Engineer will also be the main contact with assigned customers regarding the automation projects and functionality of the robots.
- Develops together with the sales team and the project managers project documentation like sequence of operations, interface descriptions with the electrical engineering team the controls layout and components.
- Uses software to create robot reach studies and runs cycle time calculations also writes software for automation equipment with main focus on robot and robot cell programming.
- Start up and debugging of automation equipment, robots, gantries and conveyors.
- Works closely with contractor programmers and technicians ensure most efficient project performance.
- Assists and trains other technicians and technical level customers.
- Programs robots to perform various tasks and functions, aligned with the customer’s need
- Utilizes technical documentation, instructions, and develops technical training material for customers, such as standard operating procedures and full-cycle support.
- Acts as the point of contact and liaison between Liebherr Automation Systems (LAU) and the customer, ensuring customer needs are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written skills with excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Working knowledge of gear nomenclature, safety requirements and experience with HMI programming.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment and to facilitate and succeed working part of cross functional teams.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists, within a fast-changing environment with the ability to work in potentially stressful situations and multitask.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, to read, analyze and interpret contracts, technical documents and specifications.
- Experience with Robot Programming, Cell Master Controllers, Siemens 840-D, S-7, TIA, Fanuc-3xi, or Bosch Rexroth MTCNC and MTX, 3D Vision and the ability to interpret engineering drawings, print reading, basic electrical schematics and to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers and proficient in customer relations and negotiation skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in controls engineering or related field, with 3-5 years of experience programming robots, controls, or related field is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience developing technical standard operating procedures and liaising with customers is preferred.