2nd Shift Production Supervisor (Fabrication)Newport News, VA | Job ID 16466
- Job ID 16466
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 7/12/2019
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of non-exempt employees in Liebherr Production Manufacturing. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within Production Department. Additionally, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for processing materials and manufacturing mining equipment components, while maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
- Analyze and manage daily schedules, and work orders. Organize resources to ensure accuracy, completeness, on-time delivery, and product preservation.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve Production processes and quality of products produced. Provide interpretation of specifications, engineering drawings, and work orders to Production team as necessary.
- Ensure all employees are adequately trained in all departmental functions.
- Maintain and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Maintain involvement in problem-solving and team-building opportunities with employees.
- Perform root-cause analysis and implement corrective-actions as necessary.
- Continuously coach and follow-up with employees to ensure performance meets company standards/expectations.
- Conduct routine audits; take corrective and preventative actions as necessary.
- Build positive relationships with peers, other departments, and customers.
- Maintain OSHA regulatory compliance within federal, state, and local laws.
- Participate in special projects and in other areas of Manufacturing as necessary.
- Schedule maintenance and repair to factory equipment in order to maintain safety and efficiency objectives.
- Directly supervise 20 - 25 production employees in respective production areas.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation ofProduction team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline with 2 years supervisory experience; or, Associates degree and seven years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of respective manufacturing processes.
- Ability to meet productivity and quality standards.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Microsoft Office suite; Enterprise Resource Planning; Timekeeping.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak clearly and present information to customers, suppliers, and other members of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.