Field Service Technician - Crawler Cranes- Midwestern USHouston | Job ID 7867
- Job ID 7867
- Division Crawler Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Based at our site Houston, TX, but can be located regionally in Houston area, Midwest or the Eastern US.
Field Service Technician Crawler Cranes
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material
- High school graduate or GED
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty
- Excessive overnight travel required
- At least three years of Experience as technician in the crane business