Senior Analysis and Simulation EngineerNewport News | Job ID 5697
- Job ID 5697
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Analyzes and helps in designing heavy steel fabricated (welded) and cast structures utilized in dynamic high impact applications in a mining environment.
- Creates FE and solid models and develops modeling techniques to perform structural analysis.
- Prepares models and input data for fatigue analysis and executes it.
- Builds multi-body dynamic models of mining trucks and performs simulation for variety of working conditions and system level optimization to improve truck performance/durability.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements new analysis/simulation techniques and methods to improve efficiency of design processes.
- Interprets analysis and simulation results, generates reports and makes recommendations or necessary changes to optimize structures.
- Works with structural design and mechanical engineers to assist and mentor in performing FE analysis and developing advanced designs.
- Works with testing engineers to correlate and validate results of simulations. Analyzes and interprets test data to utilize in design process.
- Compiles and analyzes engineering, test, and field failure data to establish design requirements for newly designed or modified structures.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline from a four year college or university and six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; advanced degreee is preferred
- Ability and willingness to take leadership in area of structural durability of mining trucks
- Understanding of fundamentals of metal fatigue theories and applications
- Understanding and experience with fatigue of welded joints and castings subjected to variable loading
- Experience with FEA (Creo Simulate and Ansys are preferred) and durability commercial software (LMS and HBM DesignLife are preferred)
- Experience with test data processing including understanding of statistical methods
- Understanding of fundamentals of vehicle dynamics
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.