WelderBiggleswade | Job ID 37495
- Job ID 37495
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Earth Moving Workshop in Biggleswade for a Welder. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by actively supporting the workshop to deliver customer satisfaction through quality workmanship. Working within the Company’s key result areas: Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership
• Drives customer satisfaction by following guidelines in relation to the company quality assurance manual.
• Performs final quality control inspections in accordance with relevant procedures.
• Supports the Workshop Manager in handling internal/external customer technical queries and troubleshoots potential issues.
• Supports the team ethos within the Workshop by actively engaging in new challenges with a can do attitude.
• Maintains a standard of health and safety, hygiene at all times.
• Provides assistance to other team members as and when required.
• Ensures all welding operations are executed in accordance with all relevant codes of practice and company procedures.
• Ensures that inspection and non-destructive testing (NDT/MPI) are carried out in compliance with relevant codes and procedures.
• Carries out welding in line with factory procedures and company coding standards.
• Ability to mark, cut and fabricate with heavy plate.
• Optimises welding times and production.
• Assists in the preparation of estimates as required.
• Takes responsibility for self-development and continually identifies ways of improving technical skills.
• Takes the initiative to provide suggestions and contribute to the improvement operations by coming up with new ideas.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Satisfactory completion of an industry related apprenticeship to NVQ level 3 in fabrication / welding.
• Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry.
• Good communicator at all levels.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Ability to use own initiative.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.