Earthmoving Workshop ManagerBiggleswade | Job ID 37299
- Job ID 37299
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen for a Workshop Manager for Earthmoving based at Biggleswde. The role contributes to the success of the Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd through a central function within the Company. The workshop facility is a major contributor to our aim of satisfying all our external and internal customers. The Workshop Manager will be responsible for the management of the Workshop team and the yard whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
• To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system.
• Be operationally responsible for earthmoving workshop departments (including the welding bay & mobile welders)
• Manage and achieve highest quality (technical and time wise) of any repair work, pre-delivery inspections and modifications to equipment
• Increases the revenue to achieve annual targets for revenue work.
• Delivers Earth Moving Technical After Sales profitability by regular review of profit and loss, identifying areas for improvement.
• Liaise with customers (external and internal) during and following repairs to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
• Manage the general housekeeping of the workshop areas
• Set individual objectives and targets within the appraisal system for all direct reports
• Provide technical advice and support for the workshop departments
• Hold regular meetings with the workshop department team leaders & supervisors to discuss operational matters; e.g. workload, priorities of jobs
• Assist with the running & improvement of the apprenticeship scheme for LGB
• To carry out any duties deemed necessary by the management.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3 or higher.
• Team player
• Good communicator at all levels
• Flexible approach to work
• Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively with customers in a pressurised environment.
• Excellent organisational and prioritising skilll
• Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.