Workshop Engineer - Truck MixerBiggleswade | Job ID 32761
- Job ID 32761
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Biggleswade workshop for a Workshop Engineer – Truck Mixer. To provide a professional and competent service to the company’s customers both external and internal at the truck mixer workshop facility at Biggleswade whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
• To undertake build, assembly, diagnostic, service, repair, recovery and technical work on Liebherr truckmixer products on behalf of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
• To undertake similar work on non-Liebherr truckmixer products from time to time as necessary and as appropriate.
• To participate in the early stages of the effective processing of warranty claims and report on technical matters that might impact on the outcome of warranty claims.
• To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested from time to time.
• To participate in the development of apprentices.
• To work additional hours as reasonably required to undertake the described duties and to be available to work a rota-based out of hours customer support plan if such a plan were implemented or as may be required from time to time.
• To undertake all duties predominantly in the United Kingdom but also be prepared to travel and work outside of this territory as required. Notably this would be for training but also for interventions on products in other countries.
• To support the activities of the company’s workshops, principally in Biggleswade but also at facilities around the UK and Ireland and the Group’s facilities in other countries.
• To ensure that as far as possible that any commercial risks to the company are eliminated when dealing with customers and suppliers.
• In all activities to ensure that the Safety, Quality, Environmental, HR, Financial and all other operational policies of the company are adhered to and promoted and that company procedures, both operational and administrative are maintained.
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3.
• Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry.
• Technical competence in the areas of electrical, electronic, air and hydraulic systems.
• Solid understanding of the current VOSA / IVA legislation.
• Good engineering experience including metal and fabrication work.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.