Cost AccountantNewport News, VA | Job ID 29212
- Job ID 29212
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/24/2020
The Cost Accountant applies principles of cost accounting while conducting studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general account systems. The cost accountant will mainly perform supply chain inventory calculation and analysis.
- Responsible for monthly inventory valuation, accuracy controls, analysis and communicating results to management and to headquarters.
- Performs quarterly inventory forecast valuation.
- Plans study of and collects data from the ERP system and other sources to determine costs of Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and changes in standard costs.
- Records and reports cost information for use in controlling expenditures, conducting audits as necessary.
- Provides management with reports summarizing profitability of products and services, inventory key figures, monthly KPI to management (surplus inventory, inventory by category).
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Assists in physical inventory and cycle counting inventory and communicate results to external and internal auditors.
- Monitor maintenance of the ERP system to support accumulation of cost accounting data.
- Maintain Liebherr Valuation software.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field from four-year college or university and five years of related experience in cost accounting and supply chain inventory management ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft Access Database software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret simple instructions, technical procedures, short correspondence, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.