Health & Safety Coordinator (12 Month Contract)Laval, QC | Job ID 26857
- Job ID 26857
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Operational safety
- Country Canada
- Entry level Young Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and enhancing a culture of Health and Safety through the Laval & Eastern offices & shop locations. This 12-month contract, with potential for permanent employment includes implementation, training and maintenance of processes, policies, procedures and programs to ensure the Health and Safety of all employees as well as legislative compliance.
**Please note,this position is located out of our Laval branch and supporting eastern location. Limited - occasional travel and flexibility is required**
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with stakeholders to influence cultural change, with a focus on awareness, risk assessment, emergency preparedness, compliance and governance of Health and Safety matters
- Regularly performing safety observations, assisting the supervisors, identifying hazardous tasks, supporting the development safe work practices
- Assist in the review, development and implementation in robust strategies, policies and procedures related to Health & Safety
- Responsible for tracking all written environmental health and safety standard operating procedures and work instructions within the Safety Management System
- Support and provide guidance to the Health and Safety committees.
- Remain current and advise the business accordingly on legislative Health and Safety requirements.
- Provide support to the workers compensation claims and case management and return to work process.
- Review and document all applicable HSE matters inclusive of Near Misses, Incidents, and safety action items.
- Assist in performing routine audits
- Facilitate training, as needed, on environmental health and safety with the managers/supervisors for all employees
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in Health, Safety & Environment is required. Industrial environment or heavy equipment exposure strongly preferred
- Occupational Health and Safety certificate / diploma or equivalent
- Strong Communication skills – both oral and written, you are fully bilingual in English and French
- Trained in Emergency First Aid and/or First Response an asset
- Strong service oriented approach and demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and experience with databases and accurate document tracking
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- You have a thirst for knowledge and continual learning
- Highly competitive total benefits package
- Employer paid premiums into our benefits plan, and enrolment for employees and their dependents into extended health, dental and vision care programs from your first day
- Comprehensive supported training from our international counterpart