Workshop Manager - Mobile and Crawler CranesBiggleswade | Job ID 18805
- Job ID 18805
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our LWE Mobile and Crawler workshop department based in Biggleswade for a Workshop Manager, Cranes. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr – Great Britain Ltd by providing professional and competent management for the crane activities within the Biggleswade workshop whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- To undertake the day-to-day management of all the activities in the Biggleswade workshop associated with mobile and crawler cranes, and concrete pump and truck mixers engineers.
- To be responsible for the continuous quality improvements within the workshop.
- To ensure that all personnel in the workshop are properly utilised and accounted for and that they conduct themselves in accordance with all the company's policies.
- To identify and manage suitable sub-contractors / suppliers as required for workshop projects
- To liaise with the departmental managers and administrative team to ensure that overall processes are operating to a high standard and on a detailed basis so that specific issues are resolved in a fast and professional manner.
- To participate with the effective processing of warranty claims.
- To investigate specific customer problems on a project-by-project basis, providing technical reports as maybe requested from time to time.
- Investigate and solve customer queries and complaints in a professional manner.
- To ensure that apprentices assigned to the department are properly trained in all aspects and that this training is in accordance with the development plans set out for them.
- To hold team meetings to discuss expectations productivity and listen to any team concerns or issues.
- To review management accounts and capital budgets and be accountable for the financial performance of the workshop.
- To identify opportunities to develop revenue work and prepare quotations, estimates and proposals to develop the workshop business.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Workshop / Service Management experience in the same industry or similar
- IT Literate with knowledge of Microsoft Applications including office and Excel.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Able provide strong leadership within the workshop at all times
- Good communicator at all levels
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, a secure and progressive work environment, competetive salary and benefits, training and personal development