Sales & Technical Support Specialist- Concrete TechnologyNewport News, VA | Job ID 18763
- Job ID 18763
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Sales & Technical Support Specialist assists the sales and marketing teams in the technical sales support and marketing of all LCT Concrete Technology equipment in the United States.
- Assists with technical sales support for field sales personnel on a project-by-project basis for concrete pumps and batching equipment in the USA.
- Drafts or edits designs utilizing computer aided drafting (CAD) systems to prepare drawings and designs.
- Converses with engineers and other subject matter experts to interpret design concepts, determine nature and type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinate work with others.
- Assists in planning and implementation of sales and marketing activities, policies, programs and strategies in order to meet company targets for retention growth and profitability, and to contribute to the overall marketing efforts of the company.
- Assists in the planning and execution of trade shows.
- Collects technical and marketing information and prepares for distribution and/or presentation for all LCT products. and coordinates and conducts sales and marketing requirements for LCT products.
- Prepares internal and external reports.
- Write original Business to Business content based on technical information, customizing it for different target audiences.
- Review and rewrite communications to improve their impact.
- Copy-edit to ensure that only flawlessly written material is published.
- Receive marketing and sales materials from Europe and prepare for the US market by re-writing copy, recalculating technical data, etc.
- Prepares product literature, marketing materials and pricing structure for product lines.
- Research and write technical information that suits technical and non-technical audiences.
- Assists with technical sales presentations to customers, including technical features, argumentation, and competitive comparison.
- Prepares and maintains sales documentation such as “Sales Handbook”, “Product Information”, “Market News”, and “Job Reports”, including the formatting, document organization, content preparation and distribution thereof.
- Assists with preparing sales and marketing brochures for external use, such as “Sales Brochures”, “Technical Specifications”.
- Analyzes market statistics and creates internal management reports.
- Utilizes internet and intranet research to analyze, create and maintain up to date databases of captured market data.
- Uses market intelligence to assist in the creation and implementation of a growth plan to increase market share.
- Supports the development of sales-focused company strategies and business cases.
- Collects and maintains competitive pricing data and product information on all major competitors.
Education and Experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to an applicable technical Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience with concrete or heavy equipment; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical knowledge and the understanding of the mechanical functions of concrete equipment.
- Experience with computer aided design (CAD) software required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office applications is required. Internet and Intranet skills required.
- Fluent in the English language is required. German language skills a plus.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Applications should be made via our website, www.liebherr.com.