Supply Chain ManagerGillette, WY | Job ID 18616
- Job ID 18616
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the overall administration and efficient operation of overall supply chain operations, including purchasing, inventory of materials, forecasting as well as selection of vendors. The Supply Chain Manager provides a superior level of customer service and exceeds all departments KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators). The individual promotes the service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation to help achieve individual and departmental goals and provides leadership, training and supervision in alignment with local Branch Managers, Sales, HR and Divisional Management to ensure that the parts operations are performed to the required world class level. Detailed focus on the procurement and distribution of various production and spare parts, components and other products or other related services as required. The Supply Chain Manager is also responsible for the writing, review, awarding, and negotiating contracts of various kinds to support the parts business
Essential Job Duties
- Sets up and maintains a smooth running, efficient parts department in coordination with Branch Managers, local Inventory Planners, HR and divisional management.
- Ensures parts department personnel are well trained and available when needed.
- Ensures the needs of the service department are being met.
- Develop and implement cost structures
- Develop parts marketing
- Works with local Inventory Planners and reviews all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of Parts & Components.
- Maintains sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Supervises and maintains an accurate up-to-date inventory management and control system.
- Conducts regular and/or spot check inventories of parts and components for proper handling.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management.
- Monitors shipping and receiving of freight for maximum efficiency.
- Ensures employees keep a clean and orderly department.
- Generates and reviews Inventory reports for LUS Mining, dealer companies and consignment inventories.
- Provides superior customer service to both internal (Service Department) and external customers.
- Schedules delivery of parts and components, estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to customer.
- Handles customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to Superior Customer Service
- Ensures that all expense controls within the facility are in place and adhered to by all departments.
- Improves quality to drive optimum cost, service performance, and quality culture.
- Promotes safety in work processes and associate performance by supporting company and/or facility safety programs, educating associates, and ensuring a generally safe work environment.
- Continually evaluate facility processes and infrastructure to improve operating performance of the unit, or to avoid service/capacity issues. (Submits capital/facility improvement requests where appropriate).
- Manages 5(+) employees
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Parts team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain distribution and warehousing principles, theories and processes.
- Detail orientated, analytical and inquisitive
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Knowledge with customs import/export of parts from/to Europe and US.
- Knowledge of transportation logistics.
- Knowledge of Outlook Contact Management systems; Access Database software; Explorer Internet software; BaaN for Order Processing, Inventory, Manufacturing, and Cost Calculation system, or equivalent ERP system; Lisa II and Inventory Management tools; Project Management software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical documents and specifications, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company match, paid vacation and personal day.
Applications are only accepted via the online portalwww.liebherr.com