Intern (Structural Design Group - Spring/Summer 2020)Newport News, VA | Job ID 18418
- Job ID 18418
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
- Works with the Engineering staff on projects outlined in the individualized intern training plan.
- Works independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Current active student in good standing who has completed 60 hours towards a related Engineering Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, CAD drafting tools or drafting equipment and software.
- Ability to identify components of truck systems including drive systems, control systems, hydraulic systems, and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of design and installation and the ability to assist others in the installation, testing and analysis of components or complete machines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.