Mechanical Engineer - Level II - IVNewport News, VA | Job ID 15845
- Job ID 15845
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Mechanical Engineer researches, develops, designs and tests mechanical components and systems for use in mining equipment.
- Researches, designs, installs, tests, analyzes, and maintains machined parts, castings, weld fabrications, and other components of mechanical systems and processes to meet requirements
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Specifies mechanical system components or direct modification of truck components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Works with other Engineers to research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Assists Design Drafters in developing the mechanical design of products using drafting tools or Computer-Assisted Design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Reads and interprets maintenance and operators manuals, blueprints, technical drawings, hydraulic schematics, pressure traces, and computer-generated reports.
- Provides feedback to other Engineers on customer problems and needs related to mechanical systems.
- Develops and oversees installation, testing, and maintenance procedures to ensure that mechanical system components are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Computes and estimates loading on structural members, air/hydraulic flow velocity rates, cylinder speeds, steering system calculations, pump inlet conditions, and heat transfer calculations on air/hydraulic/fuel systems.
- Works independently and as a team member with other engineers, designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
Bachelors degree (BSME/MET) with two years Pro-E experience and two years mechanical experience; AS in engineering related field with two years Pro-E experience and four years mechanical experience; or two years Pro-E experience and seven to eight years mechanical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer or supplier sites.
Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
Knowledge of Pro-E, drafting tools, CAD or drafting equipment and software.
Knowledge of modeling and multidimensional tools.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to use Microsoft Office.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.