Parts Business ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 15645
- Job ID 15645
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 5/16/19
Reporting to the General Manager Customer Support, the Parts Business Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall financial performance of the parts department, customer service, and associate morale of the unit. The PM ensures that corporate programs and policies are executed in a way that minimizes Cost Per Piece, while driving outstanding customer service and associate productivity. The Parts Business Manager develops, interprets, and implements policies and procedures, in accordance with ISO 9001, that will provide high quality distribution at a competitive cost. The jobholder directs and coordinates the procurement and distribution of various production and spare parts, components and other products or other related services. Jobholder oversees the writing, review, awarding, and negotiating contracts of various kinds, plus the completion of complex purchasing projects in close cooperation with the Purchasing Department.
- Set-ups and maintains a smooth running, efficient parts department.
- Ensures parts department personnel are well trained and available when needed.
- Ensures the needs of the service department are being met.
- Reviews all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of Parts & Components.
- Maintains sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Supervises and maintains an accurate up-to-date inventory management and control system.
- Conducts regular and/or spot check inventories of parts and components.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management.
- Ensures employees keep a clean and orderly department.
- Generates and reviews Inventory reports from LME Mine Sites and affiliated companies.
- Provides superior customer service to both internal (Service Department) and external customers.
- Schedules delivery of parts and components, estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to customer.
- Handles customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to Superior Customer Service
- Ensures that all expense controls within the facility are in place and adhered to by all departments.
- Improves quality to drive optimum cost, service performance, and quality culture.
- Promotes safety in work processes and associate performance by supporting company and/or facility safety programs, educating associates, and ensuring a generally safe work environment.
- Analyzes and prepares monthly and annual plan and pattern reports and payroll budgets; ensure
- plan, pattern, and budget commitments are satisfied.
- Establish effective allocation of resources and meet priorities.
- Continually evaluate facility processes and infrastructure to improve operating performance of the unit, or to avoid service/capacity issues. (Submit capital/facility improvement requests where appropriate.)
- Directly manages 4-5 employees and indirectly supervises 3-4 employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Parts team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. Business, Engineering, Material Management); 5+ years of progressive experience in product support and distribution; 2 years materials and/or manufacturing experience
- Advanced knowledge of distribution and warehousing principles, theories and processes.
- Knowledge of Outlook Contact Management systems; Access Database software; Explorer Internet software; BaaN for Order Processing, Inventory, Manufacturing, and Cost Calculation system, or equivalent ERP system; Project Management software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.