Shop Technician-Concrete TechnologyNewport News, VA | Job ID 15583
- Job ID 15583
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Shop Technician performs mechanical assembly and maintenance in the shop on equipment such as concrete pumps, concrete batching plants, ring pan & twin shaft mixers and other concrete equipment and accessories.
Essential Job Duties
- Works on machines in the repair shop, and assist in the field as necessary.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Assists in testing and commissioning of products.
- Meets quality standards with no supervision, and minimum required rework.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Completes repair tickets showing work completed and any follow-up required.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrated understanding in assembling, modifying and repairing industrial equipment.
- Ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrated ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Education and Experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and two (2) to four (4) years of demonstrated experience and ability to work on industrial equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.