Repair Shop Administration Manager-Mobile CranesHouston, TX | Job ID 15533
- Job ID 15533
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
Supervise and organize the day to day functions and employees in the Houston Repair Shop Office under the guidance of General Manager- Customer Service. Assist in the planning and coordinating of Staff and Budget Requirements with General Manager- Customer Service. Assist with the development and implementation of procedures and guidelines for Repair Shop to ensure an efficient work flow and high quality standards. Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and guidelines for Repair Parts inventory, receiving, shipping and administration handling.
The overall responsibility of this position is to oversee and supervise the administration and development of pricing quotes for repairs, preparation of purchase orders, obtaining of signed orders and processing of all documentation through the production stage of the repair and final invoicing in the BaaN system. This is a supervisory position that will oversee the work of several Repair Shop Administration Specialists, as well as the Parts & Tool Room Coordinator and Repair Welders. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Oversees and is responsible for all personnel functions for direct reports, to include managing and supervising, hiring, discipline, terminations, scheduling, timekeeping, etc.
- Prepares Cost Estimates for Repair Jobs and negotiates with customers.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of all operations related to repair
- Oversees the pulling of all drawings, parts lists, parts pricing and labor rates to calculate and generate projects in BaaN once crane inspection has been completed.
- Oversees the generation of quotes for customers specifying repairs to be performed. This includes quoting both welding and repair jobs.
- Oversees the purchase order process for work to be performed.
- Oversees the ordering of all parts and supplies required for contracted repairs.
- Responsible for overseeing all shipping and receiving of parts and supplies for contracted repairs.
- Oversees the coordination of parts and materials availability to ensure timely delivery and readiness for contracted work to be performed.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Responsible for all administration of labor sheets for contracted work.
- Oversees the calculation of all labor costs, parts used during repairs, consumables used during repair, third party expenses (such as outside welders, etc.), etc. and generates invoice for customer to ensure payment.
- Oversees the return of spare parts unused in repair process to the main parts sales warehouse.
- Manages and directs work of service and spare parts administrators, and any other contract or office personnel assigned to repair shop, as well as the Parts & Tool Room coordinator and Repair Welders.
- Manages and oversees the purchasing process for repair shop.
- Manages and oversees the time tracking, logistics, and invoice processes for the repair shop.
- Responsible for all logistics pertaining to repair orders.
- Responsible for external purchase orders needed to perform repair orders.
- Interacts with customers regarding repairs and other issues as required.
- Manages and tracks all parts orders pertaining to repair orders, either directly, or through Spare Parts Administrator.
- Manages Direct Reports and indirectly manages subordinate employees, if applicable.
- Manages and supervises Repair Shop Admin. Employees and Parts & Tool Room Coordinator and Repair Welders.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Repair Shop Service Administration.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Ability to supervise subordinate employees and perform all personnel related functions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Knowledge of software and systems related to parts and operations activities; project management software; BaaN or similar ERP software; spreadsheet software; and word processing software.
- Strong attention to detail, including accuracy with numbers.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to read technical drawings and hydraulic & electrical schematics.
- High School diploma or equivalent education with a minimum of three years of experience in a parts or service administration role or similar environment. Prior supervisory experience a plus, but not a requirement
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. All applications must be submitted online atwww.liebherr.com.