Assembly SupervisorNewport News | Job ID 15160
- Job ID 15160
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 4/4/2019
The Assembly Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of non-exempt employees in the Liebherr Manufacturing Assembly department. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within Assembly Department. Additionally, Assembly Supervisor will be responsible for processing materials and manufacturing mining equipment components. Assembly Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase department efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Maintain OSHA regulatory compliance within federal, state, and local laws.
- Oversees proper handling and disposal of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Directly supervises 20-30 employees in the Assembly Department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Assembly team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates degree and five years’ experience in supervision; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to meet productivity and quality standards.
- Strong computer skills: Knowledge of Internet software; Microsoft Office suite; Enterprise Resource Planning; ADP/Payroll & timekeeping.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak clearly and present information to customers, and other members of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com