Environmental, Health & Safety ManagerNewport News | Job ID 15143
- Job ID 15143
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Operational safety
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 4/3/2019
The EHS Manager will be responsible for collaborating with site level operations teams in order to define and execute EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. The individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the local EHS program for all divisions present on campus. The EHS Manager acts as the primary point of contact to Executive management providing reports and strategic direction. The EHS Manager will also be the primary liaison with authorities’ representatives. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review the EHS program, requirements and initiatives
- Provide management, support and coaching to the EHS team
- Provide day to day technical advices and support to line managers
- Develop and implement EHS training programs across the organization
- Manage the workers compensation and injury management processes
- Assist in the identification of possible EHS losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and manage Life safety programs
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected
- Coordinate with Management on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Liebherr policies and safety requirements
- Identify, apply and maintain relevant environmental permits
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies
- Chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and effective
- Manage Team Base Risk Assessments
- Liaise with MIN EHS and CSR General Manager to implement strategic directives
- Manages Direct Reports 1.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Safety team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Safety & Health, Environmental Science or a related field required. Minimum 7+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production or service operations.
- Ability to analyze data to determine compliance with regulatory requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects efficiently
- Ability to promote a safe and healthful work environment; Looks for ways to improve and promote safety.
- Demonstrate ability to build trust and confidence with the operations teams and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor personnel well as operations managers.
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), ANSI, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), EPA standards and any other relevant regulations.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001, ISO 31000
- Knowledge of Ergonomics
- Ability to manage industrial hygiene program and Environmental sampling requirements.
- Acquires new knowledge and learns new ways of solving problem, thinks and plans strategically, visualizes and communicates a vision, models desired behavior.
- Works toward building commitment and loyalty to the organization among employees. Sets an example by demonstrating care for employees and for the organization as a whole.
- Communicates and enforces new company policies. Ensure that the necessary resources are in place.
- Uses enthusiasm and appropriate techniques to motivate employees to work towards goals. Recognizes morale problems and takes steps to improve the situation.
- Communication: sequences concepts logically; clarifies complex information; gains understanding of complex material; explains in a manner that makes technical information understandable to non-technical individuals.
- Learns new skills quickly. Is able to work independently to master new skills and tasks.
- Looks for ways to improve effectiveness by implementing new ideas and more efficient approaches.
- Communicates the knowledge gained from education and experience to others in the organization whom may benefit.
- Identifies personal strengths and weaknesses, and targets areas for self-development. Participates in educational opportunities and works towards developing new skills or enhancing existing skills.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- Ability to work at heights
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.