Sales Area Manager (UK)Sunderland | Job ID 14836
- Job ID 14836
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr-Transportation Systems GmbH & Co. KG
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 01.04.2019
Liebherr-Transportation Systems is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of Railway Vehicle air conditioning and hydraulic suspension systems. A vacancy has arisen for a Sales Area Manager to lead our UK based Liebherr-Transportation Systems team and further details follow:
The successful candidate will be responsible for UK, North America, Canada and Scandinavia business development as well as general senior management of our UK Sales and Service team. This includes sales and mobile service staff as well as our operational headquarters, where there is a local operations manager in place. This operational headquarters is located at our specialist Gatwick workshop, where we carry out overhaul and maintenance of air conditioning and hydraulic suspension systems supplied to the railway industry. It is envisaged the job will be based from this Gatwick headquarters which of course has excellent transport links with the company headquarters near Vienna as well as other key Liebherr sites.
- Development and implementation of marketing and sales strategy within the relevant business areas
- Identification and capturing of suitable opportunities for Liebherr products and services
- Working with the technical and commercial bidding teams to prepare proposals
- Project management during the bidding phase
- Presentation of proposals and negotiation of contracts
- Management of existing customer accounts including credit control and variation management
- Key account management of major train manufacturer in the relevant business areas
- Budgeting and budget control for the UK based operation
- Working closely with the global sales and marketing team to develop overall sales strategy
- Recruitment and local investment planning and control where appropriate
- Business management qualification or equivalent experience
- Mechanical or electrical engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Well-developed organisational and communication skills
- Computer knowledge
- Experience in the railway industry, field service industry and service operations management
- Good contacts in the relevant railway industries would be an asset
- German language would be an asset
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
It is envisaged this position will be based at Liebherr’s premises in Lowfield Heath, Gatwick, West Sussex and the successful candidate should therefore ideally be based within reasonable travelling distance of this location. Training will be provided where required and we envisage there will be a “hand over” period with the existing incumbent to ensure a successful transition.
Closing date for applications 30th April 2019.