Business Intelligence AnalystNewport News | Job ID 14772
- Job ID 14772
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Information technology
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 03/08/2019
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of LME’s BI environment. The BI Analyst works collaboratively within our US and overseas organizations for the support, continuous improvement and implementation of ongoing strategic BI initiatives.
- Develops BI deliverables using Microsoft development environments (i.e. SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, C#, etc.).
- Develops technical related documentation for the BI deliverables (i.e. design documents, instructional documents).
- Coordinates and facilitates design reviews with our business users and analysts.
- Ensures compliance with configuration management standards and guidelines (i.e. Version control, release management).
- Reports and tracks all BI testing processes and software related issues.
- Provides functionality updates to key personnel on new BI releases and general enhancements.
- Serves as liaison between the helpdesk, systems administrators, systems analysts, and business users.
- Troubleshoots technical applications problems and coordinates resolution of problems with other support groups.
- Obtains regular processing reports to check for errors, assess/analyze errors and distinguishes between databases, application and customized application problems.
- Assist with developing strategy for the installation and testing of major releases.
- Perform testing on any and all fixes provided for application and abide by the SDLC process for promoting code through the various environments.
- Assist in providing supporting documentation for Data Warehouse systems.
- Provides technical support for interfaces and troubleshoots and resolves any interface issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education up to eight years.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (SharePoint, Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Microsoft BI suite (i.e. SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, etc.) and/or other similar data management tools.
- Familiarity with large scale enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze systems and processes in a business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner; strive to increase productivity in a constantly changing environment.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.