Field Projects Electrical Engineer IIINewport News, VA | Job ID 14656
- Job ID 14656
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Field Projects Electrical Engineer III researches, develops, designs and tests electrical components and systems for use in large mining haul trucks.
- Works in a cross functional team environment to resolve field issues, insuring that products meet the customer’s expectations.
- Identifies and investigates field issues; analyzes data and customer reports, visits mine sites.
- Plans and performs test tasks; to include physical work on the equipment, makes instrumented measurements, observes and records performance of systems (lab, proving grounds, active mine sites).
- Designs and specifies test equipment.
- Performs a Root Cause Analysis; which may include electrical, mechanical and/or software related design aspects.
- Effectively communicates all project status updates with members of the cross functional team, as well as other business units.
- Simultaneously manages multiple projects of varying complexities.
- Creates and organizes electrical schematics for clarity and ease of understanding using JIC(Joint Industrial Council) symbol format.
- Formats and documents solutions for use in manuals, reports and presentations.
- Ensures release packages from the department comply with all quality and technical content standards.
Bachelor’s degree (BSEE/EET) or equivalent, Associate’s degree (A.A.S.) in Electrical discipline with two years electrical experience in engineering environment, or five to six years electrical experience in engineering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of AC/DC Drive Systems, Motors, Controls and PLCs; as well as incorporating these items together into an integrated system.
- Familiarity with the implementation of CANopen control bus applications.
- Must possess well developed electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills and diagnostic abilities.
- Ability to clearly explain the details of systems and sub-systems to others.
- Knowledge of the use of Pro-E/CREO to accomplish basic tasks.
- Knowledge of use of electrical CAD software to create/modify electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of modeling and multidimensional tools.
- Knowledge of technical fundamentals of electrical engineering.
- Ability to effectively respond to common inquiries; complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or other members of the business community.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Knowledge of MRP (BaaN, LIKV) systems as it relates to product BOM structure and inventory control.
- Travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Physical ability to perform electrical/mechanical work on a mining truck and test equipment.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.