Technical Coordination Supervisor, Field ServiceHouston | Job ID 14591
- Job ID 14591
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 2/27/2019
This position is responsible for scheduling and dispatching workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. The position is also responsible for interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, spare parts, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs.
- Coordinate with the customer and other departments (such as spare parts, repairs, training, and service) to resolve technical issues, provide administration and coordination of personnel and resources to provide complete customer satisfaction.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures including planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems for all assigned Field Service Technicians.
- Confer with customers, supervising personnel, or factory resources in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Ensure field service staff has all necessary tools and equipment to perform required tasks.
- Inform factory of issues as required by filing LARS reports.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service schedules.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services to take orders, provide technical assistance or followup, or obtain details of complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments as well as actions taken.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of modifications, investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
- Complete contact forms, prepare change of address records and delivery address changes using computers.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring that established safety procedures are being followed.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Supervisory position which directs and coordinates the activities of field service technicians.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, utilizing knowledge of product technology, mechanical and hydraulic systems, heavy equipment capabilities, detailed quality control standards and requirements and evaluation of field service technicians team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school graduate or GED and at least 3 years of experience with heavy equipment or machinery, or the equivalent education and experience.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to work nights or weekends, and perform on-call duty.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portal.www.liebherr.com