WelderSaline | Job ID 1452
- Job ID 1452
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 07/20/2017
Position: Welder - Aerospace SOC job code # Full time Active
Location: Saline, Michigan Department: HXF
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Scope of Duties
- Welds different alloy metal components together with GTAW (TIG) process equipment to repair OEM Aircraft components.
- Lays out metal stock or work-pieces to indicate location, dimensions, and tolerances necessary for further processing.
- Reads and applies blueprints, sketches, models, or other written specifications to identify and mark component reference points and compute layout dimensions to
build, and check custom work pieces and assemblies.
- Sets indicators on height gauge, protractor, and layout machines to computed dimensions, or projects dimensions by setting indicators to specified locations on
model and moving instrument or machine so that indicators bear on corresponding locations on work-piece.
- Uses measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, dial indicators and non-contact dimensional scanning technology to examine work-pieces to verify such requirements as dimensions, proper angles and specifications.
- Operates machines such as arbor presses, robotic flexible fixtures, GTAW processes and spot welding machines, to assemble work pieces and sub components and performs related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
- Assembles metal sub components using GTAW processes (TIG) to hold close tolerances.
- Performs GTAW process in a repair and production environment.
- Operation of robotic welding cell.
- High School Diploma/GED with demonstrated enhanced math and/or science ability.
Knowledge and Experience
- Airframe & Powerplant license preferred
- Must have a minimum of 18 months of experience with GTAW welding process
- Must be a certified/qualified to welding standard AWS D17.1 fusion
welding for Aerospace applications
- Must be able to operate machines of medium and complexity and have at least
intermediate computer skills
- Must demonstrate enhanced trouble shooting skills within their assigned
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multi-task assignments
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems
involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must pass all D17.1 coupon tests