Head of Customer Service- Tower CranesHialeah Gardens | Job ID 14478
- Job ID 14478
- Division Tower Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
This position is responsible for the managing and overseeing of all activities and duties in the After Sales and Customer Service areas of the Tower Cranes division. Ensures the customer satisfaction, organizes and supports the after sales team. Is responsible for the build- up and expansion of an After Sales structure within the assigned territory and the achievement and monitoring of turnover and performance targets.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a system to monitor and address the reliability of delivered machines, spare parts, tools and technical documentation, as well as maintaining the operational and functional capability of these machines.
- Develops and maintains a Dealer Network for the maintenance of Liebherr tower cranes.
- Develops and implements an audit system for use with dealer network.
- Ensures an adequate level of spare parts inventory is kept to meet business needs. Responsible for maintaining inventory turnover, condition and quality, amount, depreciation and security to expected requirements.
- Organizes, manages and coordinates training for customer service personnel.
- Monitors local competitors to include price levels and economic development of customers and markets, as well as other competitive activity.
- Budgets and plans turnover, costs and performance targets.
- Supervises negotiation and administration of customer service contracts and agreements.
- Coordinates the organization of all involved service personnel needs with Divisional Manager, to include training, tools, infrastructure, etc.
- Implement the After Sales Service strategy and provide continuous monitoring and follow up as necessary.
- Provide Customer and/or Dealer consultations and care on site or at customer’s/dealer’s locations to strengthen and maintain customer relationships, and meet needs and requirements of customers and dealers.
- Assist Divisional Manager in planning and budgeting processes.
- Coordinate common issues with Divisional Manager and Head of Customer Service Manager of SOG and MSC.
- Provides quotations of upgrades and non-standard solutions such as like new parts without Id. No., lifting aids, etc.
- Provides pro-active offering of crane upgrades to customers.
- Provides follow-up on quotations and evaluation of reasons for non- received orders.
- Provides technical support of warranty and good will cases.
- Arranges/supervises service attendances
- Provides project controlling and co-ordination
- Issues and checks stage invoices
- Monitors debtor accounts and ensures active collection of outstanding invoices together with accounting department.
- Ensures filing of project or work specific correspondence such as certificates, data, protocols, paperwork, measuring protocols, MDE Data, MOM’s, emails, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all approval and signature regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all rules applying to internal software, ensuring that all system software are implemented, utilized and used according to local policies as well as MSC and SOG
- Assist the company in any necessary duties to achieve company goals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Supervises trains and leads customer service personnel, either directly or through subordinate supervisors, to include service managers, spare parts administrators, technical advisors, service engineer(s), administrative assistants, etc.
Communication and Coordination:
- Train and lead the customer/dealer services staff
- Performs administrative and organizational duties within the assigned sales company.
- Ensure that systems and software are implemented, utilized and used according to LIN and SOG rules.
- Works according to rules with internal software.
- Supervisory Duties:
- Manages Direct Reports
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Customer Service team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School diploma or the equivalent, plus an Associates or Technical degree or combination of education and five years’ experience in a similar management role.
- Demonstrates strong management and leadership skills
- Good, strong communication and negotiating skills- verbal and written, with good phone skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, initiative to visualize, manage, organize and complete projects in individual and group settings
- Strong customer relations skills with ability to explain and sell necessary repairs
- Knowledge of mechanical repairs and troubleshooting
- Ability to read schematic diagrams
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential information
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both spoken and written, with any additional spoken and written language skills considered as an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.