Earthmoving ApprenticeBiggleswade | Job ID 14312
- Job ID 14312
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Pupils
- Type of contract full time
The role, based at our Biggleswade site, contributes to the success of Liebherr – Great Britain Ltd by growing our own pool of talent through dedicated training both on site and at college to obtain a nationally recognised qualification whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Attend college as required and complete a recognised apprenticeship framework to a high standard
- Ensure and maintain the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others in the workplace
- Ensure all documentation is completed as required
- Follow a set rotation and training plan in the workplace
- Prepare Construction Plant and Equipment for repair
- Identify and order parts to complete repair
- Carry out repairs, modifications, rebuilds, servicing, maintenance on a range of construction plant
- Carry out diagnosis of faults and carry out remedial work
- Any other task or project as required to suit business needs
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Grade A-C in Maths, English and a science subject
- An interest or background in engineering
- Smart and well presented
- Team player
- Good communicator at all levels
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Good problem solving aptitiude
- Have an eye for detail and an appreciation of quality
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, Secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
This role is classified as a “Safety-Critical” role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period.
Please note these roles will stay open until mid-July and we will then create a shortlist of applicants after that date.