Junior Service Engineer - Harbour Mobile CranesDublin | Job ID 14311
- Job ID 14311
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Construction Equipment Ireland Limited
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Young Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Maritime Crane department based in Dublin for a Junior Service Engineer – Harbour Mobile Cranes. The role contributes to the success of the Maritime Crane department for Liebherr-Ireland Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment out at customer premises or on site whilst building on skills achieved as an Apprentice to become an experience Service Engineer through on the job training and mentoring. Quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Carry out, servicing, inspection and repair of machinery and equipment at customer premises or on site or if required at the appropriate depot.
- To focus, as a priority, on the company’s harbour crane types, but also to become familiar with other product types.
- Diagnose specific fault issues and action appropriately.
- Return all warranty and other return parts cleaned and on time ensuring correct processes for packing and labelling.
- Ensure all service information is read, understood and filed.
- Undertake all work strictly in compliance with manufacturer guidelines and recommendations.
- Escalates the appropriate action in relation to broken or damaged company equipment.
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required.
- Develops outstanding rapport and relationships with all customers.
- Proactively seeks new opportunities to develop personal skills and looks at opportunities out in the field to apply these.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship to NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a related industry
- Good communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Be able to travel Ireland & UK as required to support business requirements.
- To be able to travel overseas as required
- Keep up to date on technical skills and knowledge
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
This role is classified as a “Safety-Critical” role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period.