Field Service Technician -Heavy EquipmentLaval, QC | Job ID 14040
- Job ID 14040
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/21/2019
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are committed to maintain a long-term relationship with our employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1stday, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
Location: Miontreal Southshore
Responsible for the safe and effective repair and maintenance of machinery and components on heavy equipment, in the field, at customer sites, to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
The schedule is 5x2 work shift and on-call as per rotational schedule.
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, etc. to resolve moderate to complex problems
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
- Recondition and repair equipment components and systems as assigned
- Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
- Occasionally perform servicing on Liebherr machinery as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
- Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved
- Ensure all final verifications specified in work instructions, scope of work, verbal communication and specifications are carried out and complete
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policy
- May require international travel for training
- Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanic license
- Experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment in a related field
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic skills of moderate to complex issues
- Specialist level knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings
- Ability to multi-task and remain level-headed in demanding situations
- Communication of detailed and complex information in a clear and concise manner
- MS Office, service reporting/time entry and parts ordering software
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Follows instructions, guidelines and protocols
- Basic math skills
- Specific equipment knowledge on earth moving construction equipment
- Valid Drivers license
All Liebherr Canada positions:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills