Shop Technician - Heavy Equipment Laval QCLaval, QC | Job ID 14036
- Job ID 14036
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/21/2019
Under the supervision of the Service Supervisor at the Laval, QC branch, the candidate will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components of earth moving equipment and the preparation of new machinery. This position will have to provide a high level of exceptional customer service.
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, and scheduled maintenance and repairs including warranty upgrades
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, A/C systems etc., including pre-delivery inspections of equipment
- Order parts following internal procedures
- Adjust, repair, and replace components within the time allotted
- Inspect and test repaired equipment to ensure its working order and work is conformed to the client specifications
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and return of equipment
- Maintain and care of Company tools, equipment and vehicles
- Minimum Heavy Equipment Technician DEP
- Heavy Equipment (off road) Technician Certification and/or Canadian Red Seal Designation an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience repairing and maintaining forestry, scrap handling, and construction heavy equipment, Liebherr Equipment experience an asset
- Demonstrated diagnostic and troubleshooting skills of electrical, hydraulic components
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings
- Communication of detailed and complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Accurate service reporting/time entry and parts ordering using internal software systems
- Able to work as part of a team, resourceful and work with minimal supervision
- Highly adaptable and responsive to changing priorities, technologies, conditions and requirements
- Ability to travel frequently to client sites and for training purposes
- Valid driver’s License required.
- Bilingual in French and English considered an asset
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are committed to maintain a long-term relationship with our employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1stday, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
All Liebherr Canada positions:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills