Warehouse Logistics Material Technician 1st and 2nd ShiftNewport News | Job ID 13888
- Job ID 13888
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/16/2019
The Material Technician position is responsible for the warehousing functions of receiving, putaway, picking, packing, and shipment of materials in fulfillment of Production Work Orders and Sales and Replenishment Orders. The position is responsible for material movement, using material handling equipment. Inventory control is maintained by following instructions and procedures.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the transaction of purchase receipt, putaway, production issue, shipping and re-distribution requirements.
- Utilizes the ERP system to perform inquiries and produce reports on transactional history, where used, and planned inventory movement in support of inventory reconciliation, receipt, transfer, and shipment.
- Recommends the disposal of obsolete, damaged or defective stock.
- Confers with Engineering, QA, and Purchasing personnel regarding stock procurement, quality, and availability.
- Determines sequence and release of unfilled and back orders according to stock availability, production and shipping schedules.
- Reports inventory variances relative to stocking transactions and submits adjustment requests. Inputs stock location changes.
- Analyzes, investigates and resolves shipping, receiving and inventory discrepancies, to include operating lift trucks up to 10,000 lbs capacity, to accomplish the task.
- Researches and issues credits.
- Performs cycle counts, generates reports and maintains cycle count records
- Completes requisition forms to order required warehouse / shipping supplies from established vendors.
- Processes receipts and shipments of parts and material using appropriate (BaaN and/or WMS) receiving and shipping program which distributes parts and materials accordingly.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with three years related experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including cranes and lift trucks.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of material movement and the associated procedural controls
- Ability to perform effectively in a Team environment.
- Ability to train others within the job description.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Writes clearly and interpret written information.
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate through the appropriate applications, i.e. MS Office Products, ERP and WMS.
- Ability to analyze data and reports to support decision making.
- Knowledge of Metric and Standard Systems and conversions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Knowledge of the safe operation of basic power tools, i.e. saws, drill motors air compressors.
- Skilled in ERP and WMS inquiries and reports.
- Skilled in basic keyboarding.
- Skilled in reading basic tools of measurements, i.e. tape measure, calipers etc.
- Ability to read and interpret Liebherr Employee Rules and Regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, production and customer sales orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately using all forms of media i.e. radio, email, etc.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted online via the online portal www.liebherr.com