On-Site Liaison & Flight Test Engineer for Liebherr-Aerospace - Air SystemsEverett, WA | Job ID 12841
- Job ID 12841
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 11/12/2018
Reports to: Engineering Manager Seattle Office
Job Title: On-Site Liaison & Flight Test Engineer for Liebherr-Aerospace - Air Systems
- Ensure Liebherr-Aerospace liaison engineering with Boeing for engineering activities:
- Boeing NMA air systems development
- Others / tbd
- Coordinate activities with Boeing teams through the Toulouse based Air Systems Project Management directives, and Seattle engineering manager, so as to ensure adequate technical support to Boeing for on going joint activities
- Ensure reporting through the company tools, and project management directives, to the Toulouse based Air Systems Project Management
Mission / Task Assignment
Provide expertise and support for the whole Air Management System design and development activities, in all system related fields associated with the projects Liebherr Aerospace Toulouse is involved with Boeing.
- Ensure design expertise, support, and system development integration activities with Boeing and other partners located on site, on Air Systems, through the directives of the home based project management.
- Actively participate in air systems and other related systems integration teams and meetings at the customer.
- Promote and ensure implementation of the technical directives given by the Toulouse System Team.
- Support to Production and Flight Tests
- Support training of the production engineering personnel, support and participate to functional System Testing on Aircraft for the first production aircrafts
- Provide and support engineering analysis, and disposition of snags associated with Air systems components, and detected on the assembly line
- Ensure liaison engineering with Toulouse for system Ground and flight testing
- Ensure local configuration management of system installed on Flight Test aircraft
- Support flight Test briefing and debriefings, Collect and distribute flight test data, record, and provide advanced analyses of system snags to the Toulouse system Team
- Disposition System snags on flight Test aircraft, in accordance with Toulouse system Team directives
- Support in flight system tests, as required
- Summarize, and prepare digests of technical meetings and decisions taken at the customer, and ensure transmission of the information to the Toulouse System Team.
- Perform system analyses, as directed by the Toulouse System Team.
- Ensure appropriate preparation and organisation of the development meetings on site
- Ensure engineering support to the Toulouse Partner follow up team (engineering follow up of local US or Canadian companies)
- Promote the image of Liebherr Aerospace at engineering level, and identify potential business activities based on engineering needs identified.
- All activities to be performed at the customer facilities, as per the development of the programs and the Liebherr Seattle Office. Flight test activities are expected to take place in various locations, e.g. Palmdale, CA, Moses Lake, WA and the Seattle area.
- Extended periods at other locations (up to several weeks) pending on Flight Testing may be required.
- If required, an initial training period shall be planned at Toulouse according to needs, and periodic visits will be organized.
Education and Experience
- Previous aviation / ECS engineering background 3 - 7 years.
- Flight test experience a plus
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, (engineering degree)
- Proficient French language skills
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses
- Any PPE requirements of the Customer
- May be required to work overtime.
- DOT drug screen required.
- May be required to have a physical or special examination that would pertain to position.
- Ability to travel (domestic & international) a minimum of 20%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic times throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to shift equipment, parts, file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting and safety techniques required.