Product Support EngineerNewport News | Job ID 10948
- Job ID 10948
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Product Support Engineer researches, evaluates, develops and tests components and equipment used on all Liebherr mining trucks. This includes system analysis and troubleshooting on mechanical and/or electrical systems. It also involves working closely with engineering, manufacturing and all customer support departments at the factory and in field locations.
- Evaluates new components or modify existing designs intended to improve truck performance and reliability.
- Writes and submits Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) to engineering to correct product performance deficiencies or reliability problems.
- Enter Product Change Requests (PCR’s) to Sales and Marketing based on customer requests for improvements or options
- Provides engineering and technical support to LME service and maintenance personnel.
- Achieves prompt resolution to problems by working directly with LME product support representative affiliates, customers and suppliers. Participates in regular meetings with suppliers identifying reliability problems and implementing improvement measures.
- Documents major maintenance events and other significant product related issues.
- Ensures upgrades and modifications are carried out by affiliates and provide documentation to the factory to substantiate this.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input into develop verification and validation plans for new or redesigned components.
- Oversees the assembly and/or commissioning of trucks ensuring that the assembly, commissioning and operational testing conforms to factory specifications and customer requirements.
- Sign-off and submit commissioning documents to LME Warranty administration prior to customer acceptance of machine(s).
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform specified engineering tasks.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; and responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Participates in Product Issue Resolution through data collecting and Root Cause Analysis exercises to resolve field failures
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from four-year College or university and three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Database software; Design software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software and SharePoint.
- Understanding of the design principals of large electric drive haul trucks.
- Understanding of the design principles for hydraulic systems on off-road haul trucks
- Understanding of structural inspection and repair processes
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; and read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Ability to collect and research data and design work flows and procedures.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to translate concepts and information into images using feedback to modify designs and apply design principles.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to develop project plans; and communicate changes and progress
- Additional Requirements:
- Ability to obtain and maintain electrical certification in high, medium and low voltage.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 40-60% of the time for up to 4 weeks duration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter; and portfolio link if applicable.