Cutting machine operator
When cutting machine operators are busy working, something is almost always turning – whether it be the workpiece or the tool itself. The tools are used to produce individual parts or series production parts for machines, equipment and facilities.
The processing steps are mainly performed by computer-controlled machine tools. Technical documents help the cutting machine operator to plan the production routine and program the machine's computer accordingly. Once the machine and tool equipment have been set-up, the operator monitors the production process, makes adjustments in the program as necessary and ensures that the products meet the strict demands on quality.
At a glance
Period of training: 3.5 years
Prerequisite: Good secondary school or intermediate-level education
Interests and talents
- You are strong in mathematics and natural science subjects.
- You are able to understand technical implications quickly.
- You have craftsmanship skills.
- You have stamina and are focused in your approach.
- You are thorough and have a good eye for detail, accuracy is important to you.
Further training opportunities
- Master craftsman
- Diploma in technical administration
- Academic studies
Liebherr-Werk Biberach GmbH
Memminger Straße 120
88400 Biberach an der Riß
- Phone+49 7351 41-2272
- Phone+49 7351 41-2812
Liebherr-Aerospace Lindenberg GmbH
- Phone+49 8381 46-6751
Liebherr-Components Kirchdorf GmbH
88457 Kirchdorf an der Iller
- Phone+49 7354 80 7822
Liebherr-MCCtec Rostock GmbH
- Phone+49 381 6006-3550