Product Manager - Material HandlingNewport News, VA | Job ID 42092
- Job ID 42092
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/12/2021
The Product Manager – Material Handling will be responsible for conducting sales activities related to the Liebherr Material Handling product line throughout the entire United States. This position is responsible for relationship management and business development with dealers and customers.
- At the direction of the General Manager, identify, develop, and coordinate effective business relationships with dealers to ensure maximum market share within an assigned territory.
- Emphasize product features to dealers based on analysis of dealers’ customer requirements and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations; Support development of sales strategy for the assigned territory while ensuring alignment with the company’s overall strategy; Prepare sales presentations and proposals to explain product specifications and applications.
- Provide technical sales support for Material Handling products to dealers.
- Provide training and support to dealer sales representatives; demonstrate the operation and use of Liebherr products to dealer staff.
- Assist in the development of internal training programs to maximize Material Handling product knowledge.
- Assist in delivering sales presentations to key clients in coordination with dealer sales representatives.
- Complete and provide Weekly Sales Reports and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system entries to track activity within respective region.
- Act as a liaison between sales department and other company departments.
- Identify prospective customers within an assigned territory through sales presentations, trade shows, leads from existing customers, and any other reasonable means.
- Contact new and existing dealers/customers to discuss how specific Liebherr products can meet customer needs.
- Price equipment for dealers through use of the Liebherr pricing system; Assist dealer sales representatives in negotiating sales orders, preparing sales bids, and maintaining relationships with key customers.
- Keep dealers informed of product availability, estimated delivery schedules and other sales-related information.
- Read trade related publications and maintain frequent and timely assessments and reports on market conditions, potential and current dealers, and competitors; Provide frequent and accurate forecasts.
- Provide timely input/updates for call reports, lost sale reports and other similar reports as required by company reporting procedures.
- Conduct visits to dealer sites to evaluate requirements and promote products.
- Prepare sales proposals and service contracts; Prepare pricing quotes.
- Collect and maintain competitive pricing data and product information on all major assigned Earthmoving product competitors.
- Respond to dealer inquiries regarding product pricing, availability and specifications.
- Assist marketing department in preparing product literature, marketing materials and pricing structure for the Material Handling product line.
- Conduct and participate in competitive comparison testing for the Material Handling product line. Apply knowledge gained from the Material Handling product line testing to create feature and benefits presentations for dealers.
- Identify product improvement suggestions for equipment in varying applications in the U.S. market and communicate requirements and recommendations to the General Manager.
- Use market intelligence to create and implement a growth plan to increase market share of material handling products.
- Communicate with internal departments regarding product issues and recommended solutions; provide feedback to product design departments.
- Associate’s Degree with five to seven years of relevant equipment sales experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated specialized knowledge of Material Handling equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques and the ability to close sales.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Should have poise and confidence when speaking and presenting to groups for training and product introductions.
- Sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties in field assignments ranging from dealer locations to customer job sites.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills.
- PC Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Power-Point and Excel.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- This position is remote work eligible.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.