Automation Service EngineerKillarney | Job ID 37606
- Job ID 37606
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate that is seeking a role that will challenge them and enable them to grow and develop their career whilst travelling abroad. The successful candidate will be employed as an Automation Service Engineer, based in the 4KA Customer Service Department, reporting directly to the Customer Services Manager or his/her delegate within the Customer Services Department (4KA Dept.).
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing worldwide technical support for the full range of Liebherr Container Crane Ltd. products, both remotely and on site. The role will require close cooperation with Engineering and Commissioning teams during all phases of new projects, incl. integration of third-party equipment and terminal operating systems.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Provision of worldwide maintenance and service support for the full range of LCC products, primarily focusing on Automation.
- Supporting both customers and Liebherr service engineers.
- Provision of on-site support, as required for both planned and emergency repairs.
- Communication with customers on service and related matters.
- Manage automation requirements to ensure all aspects of specification are fulfilled.
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports on project / job completion.
- Document automation functions, provide training for both customer and service engineers.
- Liaising with Engineering and Production to eliminate faults and improve quality.
- Checking of drawings and preparation of documentation for site.
- Contribute to research, development of LCC products and participate in new developments.
- In-house testing, for both new cranes and parts.
- Ensure that quality, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Extensive travel and time away from head office required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and written).
- Confident at challenging the status quo and open to adapting new technologies or techniques.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- SCADA systems development knowledge.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Experience with ABB PLC’s an advantage.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Ability to work at heights.
What can we offer you?
Competitive salary, pension scheme, training & development, subsidized canteen, Fitbit and retailer discounts, sports & social club, travel opportunities, cycle to work scheme, discounts with Liebherr Hotels and if that's not enough we offer Flexi time and an early finish on a Friday!
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Brid Fallon at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.