Preventative Maintenance FitterKillarney | Job ID 35603
- Job ID 35603
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 13/09/2021
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, and straddle carriers. Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. is now responsible within the Liebherr group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.
The working week for this position isTuesday – Saturday.Shift work will apply including up to 12 weeks of night work per annum. Successful candidates may also be required to work one Sunday in each calendar month
- Maintenance, repair and installation of miscellaneous machines and services throughout the factory, in compliance with regulatory and company requirements
- Working in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules, job cards and procedures
- Maintenance of records, either manually or using a PC based recording system
- Recording of service / preventative maintenance records, and signing off of job cards for completed tasks
- Updating shift handover log book as required at the end of the shift
- Updating of spare parts log / store inventories and recording of parts used
- Providing feedback on weak points on machinery, and further machine maintenance requirements
- Learning how machines function, and development of skills, knowledge and competencies regarding machine maintenance tasks
- Working on own initiative and liaising with operators, chargehands, supervisors and others as required to successfully complete maintenance tasks
- Checking machine manuals, drawings, preventative maintenance schedules etc. when required to successfully complete tasks
- Removing machines from service, which, if put back into operation may pose a health and safety risk to operators or others
- Training, both on and off the job, on current and future machines / services within the company, this may necessitate travel abroad for training
- Other duties which may arise
- Trade qualified - with previous experience in a Maintenance role.
- Ability to interpret machine manuals, drawings, preventative maintenance schedules etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
Competitive salary, pension scheme, training & development, subsidized canteen, Fitbit and retailer discounts, sports & social club, travel opportunities, cycle to work scheme, discounts with Liebherr Hotels and if that's not enough we offer an early finish on a Friday!
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contactChloe Ferrisat:[email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.