MachinistSaline, MI | Job ID 28181
- Job ID 28181
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The primary focus of the machinist is to maintain the flow of repair work and fabricated parts across his/her bench and machines and equipment and to coordinate with the machine shop supervisor or appropriate engineer. Manual machining as well as CNC programming are required as both are required for the position.
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools to perform precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, drilling, precision grinding and other operations.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables, study sample parts or compute dimensions and tolerances, measure and lay out work pieces to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan & execute best sequence of operations.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy by verifying dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, or other specialized measuring instruments.
- Maintain your work area in a neat and orderly condition. Unsafe acts and condition may cause injury to you and/or your associates.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on equipment as outlined in the Preventive Maintenance Directive or as directed by your Manager Aircraft Components.
- Ensure that all work is compliant with Liebherr-Aerospace, FAA and EASA standards.
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action despite opposition or barriers.
- Possesses strong logical, mathematical, database, and reporting skills.
- Ability to respond to general inquiries or complaints
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and work in potential stressful situations
- High school diploma or GED (2-year college degree preferred) with 3-5 years of relevant position-relatedexperience; or a combination of education and experience.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international organization. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Flex time start, tuition assistance, major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Thomas at: 734-429-7225.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.