Logistics Cost AnalystNewport News, VA | Job ID 27961
- Job ID 27961
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 3/9/2021
The Logistics Cost Analyst is responsible for external logistics and data management associated with Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Maintains databases of external logistics information.
- Reads and analyzes data on external logistics elements, such as lead times, external logistics costs, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management.
- Provides ongoing analyses in areas such as external logistics costs, delivery processes, forecast accuracy or reverse logistics.
- Prepares reports on a weekly/monthly on external logistics performance measures.
- Conceives and establishes follow-up tools, quality indicators (KPI’s, dashboards, reporting…) to monitor the external logistics department performance and realized improvements.
- Collaborates with External Logistics Manager to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Conceives and establishes decision-making tools
- Performs rate management, including registering current rates, asking for update when term reached or keeping records of older rates.
- Verifies accuracy of freight billing data according to registered rates and revise any errors.
- Answers mail or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, or procedures.
- Reach the goals/objectives set by the External Logistics Manager.
- Organizes and conducts meetings.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and 3 years related experience (degree preferred).
- Understand the supply chain and its environment (regulations, actors…)
- Has strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Has strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Internet, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as BaaN.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to interpret information.
- Ability to adapt to change as necessarry.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra Draeger at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.