Component Dis-assembler (12 Month Contract, Potential to Permanent)Burlington, ON | Job ID 26567
- Job ID 26567
- Division Components
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry June 25 2020
Is working with your hands in your DNA? Do you thrive in a team environment? This 12-month contract, with potential for permanent employment will be working hands on within our Remanufacturing division to disassemble, clean, buff, wash and inspect heavy equipment components including engines, hydraulic pumps and motors.
Located out of our Burlington branch, the work schedule is 7am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, with some overtime as required.
- Complete teardown and washing of engine and other component parts using a parts washing machine
- Buffing and cleaning of all sealing surfaces on the components
- Regular material handling including moving of freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas
- Attend to details to ensure parts are provided in “as new” conditions without contamination from own work station
- Document and submit incoming and outgoing subcontracted services
- Complete accurate and timely submission of reports and technical documents
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas and debris disposal in accordance with company policy.
- Follow all safety requirements. You make safety a habit with aptitude and knowledge of proper use of related tools including grinding and buffing equipment and the ability to use proper lifting techniques and devices.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 2+ years’ experience in general laborer work in a mechanic/industrial shop or related field. Experience with power tools will be considered an asset
- Ability to regularly use abrasive and chemicals for refurbishing purposes
- Ability to lift and move materials by hand, forklift, overhead crane or other equipment
- Basic computer skills. Familiarity with MS Office and service reporting/time entry software is an asset
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written
- Forklift license preferred
- Highly organized to maintain own work station according to requirements
- Resourceful, comfortable to take initiative and make decisions as appropriate
- Highly competitive total benefits package, inclusive of salary (generous field and overtime premiums are applicable)
- Full earnings employer RRSP matching
- 100% employer paid premiums into our benefits plan, and enrolment for employees and their dependents into extended health, dental and vision care programs from your first day
- Applicable positions eligible for leading annual loyalty bonus program
- Comprehensive factory supported training from our international counterparts
- Generous tool and equipment allowance
- Modern well-equipped facilities
- Service Trucks & Fuel card for eligible positions