Accounts Receivable SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job ID 25719
- Job ID 25719
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Accounts Receivable Specialist position is responsible for Accounts Receivable and Credit & Collections functions. Spanish language skills desirable, but not required, as many of our customers are in Spanish speaking countries.
Essential Job Duties
- Collects on past due accounts, establishes alternative payment plans, and recommends write-offs and legal pursuits.
- Analyzes and inputs cash receipts.
- Follows up with customers on discrepancies, partial payments, missing remittances, and other issues that arise.
- Reviews and releases sales orders for customers who have exceeded credit line.
- Prepares monthly customer open item statements.
- Calculates interest charges on past due amounts.
- Runs monthly customer aging reports and reconciles to general ledger.
- Prepares monthly management report on status of past due accounts.
- Reconciles affiliated balances quarterly utilizing the LIN ICS/SAB system.
- Prints, reviews, mails, and files invoices and credits.
- Checks customer credit and sets up new customer accounts.
- Maintains customer sales tax status in Tax Management software.
- Answers accounts receivable inquiries and follows-up.
- Backs up other Accounts Receivable Specialists(s).
- Customer Focus: Is attentive and responsive to the needs of internal and/or external customers. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly. Disseminates information. Shares knowledge. Uses appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Teamwork: Develops and maintains positive relationships with peers and superiors. Accepts instructions and assignments. Assists others to accomplish group objectives. Creates trust. Works collaboratively in group situations and values diverse points of view. Helps develop peers and co-workers.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes. Can be counted on to accept accountability for his/her own decisions, actions or results.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Strong math aptitude in addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, and percentages.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Solid analytical skills, including detecting and resolving problems.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and customers.
- Working knowledge of sales tax regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook and in using Accounting related computer systems to enter data and process information.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Handles multiple assignments and priorities while fulfilling all commitments. Handles a fair workload and meets deadlines. Accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
- Thinking and Problem Solving: Identifies and solves problems effectively and demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making.
- Cost Awareness: Strives to keep costs to a minimum. Demonstrates sound fiscal responsibility in all activities.
- Safety: Promotes an incident free environment.
Education and Experience
A High School Diploma and two years’ experience of applicable accounting work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Offer: An interesting and ambitious role with an international company. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits packate. We hire as quickly as possible.