Field Service TechnicianGillette, WY | Job ID 19083
- Job ID 19083
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
- The Service Technician position is responsible for the technical leadership for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting heavy machinery, including trucks, hydraulic excavators and dozers.
- Diagnoses failed components.
- 24/7 on call status unless otherwise scheduled.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical systems.
- Completes and submits failure and field modifications reports.
- Collects and reports system download information.
- Participates in the rebuild of selected components.
- Interfaces with customers.
- Works closely with warehouse personnel to ensure all parts are correctly recorded.
- Works closely with engineering and maintenance on product support and development.
- Compiles parts lists, as needed.
- Accesses and updates the computerized maintenance program.
- Assists supervisor, as needed.
- Completes monthly Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) electrical inspections.
- Promotes safe work habits and environment.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Understands and complies with quality assurance requirements.
- Ability to acquire Mine Foreman’s certificate, as required
- Ability to acquire MSHA Electrical Certification, as required
- Ability to acquire LME and AWS Certification for frame welding on Liebherr trucks
- Programming of all electrical systems, as required
- Ability to maintain all certifications, i.e. electrical and welding
- Ability to be shift leader on truck assemblies or major rebuilds
- Ability to travel to job locations throughout the US.
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of systems used on Liebherr Mining Equipment trucks and products.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, interprets, understand and explain to lower level technicians maintenance and parts manuals.
- Demonstrated self starter who is able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work on a variety of equipment at various locations.
- Ability to receive and maintain MSHA electrical certification as required.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule required to meet shift schedules.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and five to seven years of experience in Liebherr or related Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) equipment.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com