Electrical Engineer I (Entry Level)Newport News, VA | Job ID 16898
- Job ID 16898
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Electrical Engineer I assists in developing and designing electrical components and systems for use in large mining haul trucks.
- Works with Engineers and assists Drafters in developing the electrical design of products using drafting tools or Computer-Assisted Design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Works with Engineers to process Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) & Engineering Change Notices (ECNs).
- Works with Engineers to specify proper electrical components.
- Works with Engineers to investigate and test vendors' products.
- Works as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel on ad hoc projects.
- Works with Engineers to design, install, test, analyze, and maintain electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Works with Engineers to research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE/EET) or equivalent, A.A.S in Electrical discipline with two years electrical experience in engineering environment, or five to six years electrical experience in engineering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of drafting tools or CAD or drafting equipment and software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to apply basic electrical equations to circuit analysis.
- Knowledge of electrical schematic types with emphasis on JIC (Joint Industrial Council) format.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Knowledge of BaaN system as it relates to truck BOM structure and inventory control.
- Travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health
- Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.