Facilities EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 15774
- Job ID 15774
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Facilities Engineer applies engineering principles to design, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment, or processes used in processing or manufacturing products for Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Analyzes product and equipment specifications as well as performance requirements to develop designs which can be utilized to improve existing manufacturing facilities
- Oversee capital projects including project development, design coordination, contractor management, construction, scheduling, and execution. Knowledge of building delivery methods, local, state and federal codes including, but not limited to, OSHA, NFPA, NEC, DEQ, ISO, ASNI, and EPA are required.
- Oversee service vendors including contract adherence, quality and performance
- Oversee facility wide security program
- Liaise with production, safety and maintenance to coordinate projects
- Analyzes engineering proposals, process requirements, and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Strong knowledge of AutoCAD is required
- Coordinates the disposal of hazardous waste, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training.
- Safety: Knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance, able to influence staff and contractors to comply with safety regulations. Act as point of contact
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Occasional overnight/extended travel national and international as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.