Senior Innovation EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 14655
- Job ID 14655
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Senior Innovation Engineer researches, develops, designs and validates hardware, software, and other components for use in product innovations related to large mining haul trucks.
- Researches and develops product innovations for use on large mining haul trucks
- Performs feasibility studies for product innovations
- Evaluates/selects system architecture(s) required for product innovations
- Estimates time and cost requirements for innovation related projects
- Conducts prototyping and development testing necessary to support product innovation
- Performs design work necessary to support innovation related projects
- Interfaces with other disciplines (Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electric, Software etc.) to create specifications that outline system and component requirements for product innovations.
- Creates algorithms necessary to support innovation related projects
- Creates the documentation necessary to support innovation related projects
- Analyses/selects hardware and software tools necessary to perform validation and troubleshooting on product innovations
- Works independently and as a team member with other engineers, designers, and production personnel
- Manages contract engineering projects
- Participates in Engineering Development Program.
Bachelor’s degree (BSEE, BSComputerE, BSME, or similar) with six years of experience in an engineering environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated work experience related to the application of new technology to products.
- Knowledge of engineering principles related to mobile equipment
- Knowledge of controls engineering processes & techniques
- Knowledge of mobile communications, including protocols (e.g. CAN/J1939, Ethernet) and physical integration
- Knowledge of hardware, computing platforms, and operating systems (e.g. Linux)
- Knowledge of system modeling techniques and software (e.g. Simulink, Labview)
- Knowledge of at least one object oriented programing language (e.g. C/C++, C#)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Matlab)
- Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to research, design, install, test, and analyze advanced technology systems and components
- Ability to prioritize and initiate innovation projects
- Ability to write system and component specifications
- Ability to accurately scope technical projects
- Ability to evaluate / manage technology suppliers
- Ability to collaborate with other Liebherr companies as it relates to innovation
- Ability to manage projects using industry standard tools (ex. Microsoft Project)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to use analytical skills to solve complex engineering problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as hardware and software specifications operating and maintenance manuals, and safety guidelines
- Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 30% to customer or supplier sites.
- Is expected to travel routinely to regional proving ground
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.