Industrial painter (m/f)
Industrial painters treat the surfaces of industrially manufactured products. These can be made of wood, metal, plastic or glass, for example.
First you prepare the material using various techniques. You use a scraper to smooth out the surface before sanding it or washing it with degreasing agents.
Prior to painting, you calculate the material requirements, provide the required products, and mix the colors. Using adhesive tape, plastic sheeting or foam, you cover areas that have to remain unpainted. Then you apply the paint.
At a glance
Duration: 3 years
Requirements: Completed secondary school
Interests and talents
- You are practically minded and have good manual skills
- You have a sense for colors and do not have any color vision deficiency
- Your strengths include being reliable and a team player
- You have a healthy respiratory system, and are not allergic to solvents or other chemicals
Professional development opportunities
- Professional painter vocational examination (Berufsprüfung)
- Bodywork operations manager
- Color designer (Dipl. Farbgestalter HF)
- Phone+41 62 785 82 00