Product Support Engineer/Technical Advisor, Mobile & Crawler CranesBiggleswade | Job ID 64859
- Job ID 64859
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Mobile & Crawler Crane department based in Biggleswade for a Product Support Engineer / Technical Advisor. The role contributes to the success of LWE Mobile & Crawler Cranes Technical department by supporting the After Sales and Sales teams to develop the business in providing a sustained industry-leading after-sales support. To participate in supporting the company’s service engineers and customers with technical information and other resources. To ensure effective and efficient advice and support is delivered along with excellent administrative, customer service and interpersonal skills whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
• Provide all aspects of technical support to all Liebherr-Great Britain departments and externally to customers.
• Work as a member of the team assisting and supporting department colleagues as well as other departments if required.
• To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all departments and team members to assist in achieving the department high standards.
• To communicate all technical information to the right people at the right time, including material received from the Liebherr Group factories.
• Manage specific jobs and projects as appropriate and take responsibility for their completion.
• To participate in the management of warranty work, liaising with the Liebherr Group factories and customers to achieve the best outcomes for all parties.
• To brief and deploy engineers as required, ensuring that optimum competencies and resources are applied to each job and project.
• To investigate or participate with others in the investigation of incidents, accidents or customer technical issues, and report on these cogently in a form that will stand up to to rigorous scrutiny.
• Undertake to attend meetings and exhibitions off-site and overseas. This will include time spent away from home overnight.
• Undertake training as required by the company from time to time, both at the workplace and off site, including overseas.
• Undertake some or all of the duties of other personnel in the absence of the latter as may be required from time to time.
• Participate in a rota-based out-of-hours call-out system
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship/qualification in a related industry
• Product, industry or relevant experience
• Team player
• Good confident communicator at all levels
• Flexible approach to work
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.