Product Manager - Articulated Dump TruckNewport News, VA | Job ID 40981
- Job ID 40981
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/9/2021
The Product Manager serves as the product champion and liaison between the Liebherr Dealer organization and the company. The Product Manager will be knowledgeable of Liebherr product advantages and benefits compared to major competitors and will assist in the training of dealer salespeople on how to sell Liebherr products or equipment utilizing these advantages. The Product Manager will also assist other product team members in the preparation and processing of machine builds internal quoting system, and will interface with the Sales Administration Department in the coordination of buying of inventory from affiliates and the sale of inventory to dealers. Also assist in tracking and reporting on inventory. The Product Manager will work closely with Liebherr Affiliates to coordinate promotion of these machines, including materials, presentations, quotes and configurations, increasing Liebherr market share in the product segment with direct sales to customers.
- Work directly with dealers/customers on maintenance, troubleshooting and technical issues to ensure product operates and performs with the highest production and availability to meet customer expectations.
- Perform training at dealer/customer level with regard to equipment delivery, pre-start inspections, customer familiarization, and safety.
- Develop and provide training programs to maximize product knowledge of dealer and company sales staff to achieve increased market share across the product range.
- Collect and maintain competitive pricing data and product information on all major competitors. Conduct and participate in competitive comparison testing. Apply knowledge gained from testing to create feature and benefit presentations. Make recommendations to the General Manager for sales programs to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Use market intelligence to create and implement a growth plan to increase market share. Enter all customer contact visits into the LIVIS database or approved location.
- Assist marketing department in preparing product literature, marketing materials and pricing structure for the product line.
- Identify product improvement suggestions for equipment in varying applications in the US market and communicate to the General Manager both needs and recommendations.
- Creates specifications for Purchase Orders.
- Prepares quotes for specialized machines and standard machines and attachments in LIAS.
- Assists with the communication with dealers on the status of orders.
- Assists with the creation of the dealer price book.
- Inputs information into the dealer portal as required.
- Assists with checking and approving Dealer orders for accuracy.
- Answers Dealer and Factory inquiries.
- A combination of related education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree and 2 - 4 years of experience in similar or related job function.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff internal and external in verbal or written format.
- Possess sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties in field assignments ranging from dealer locations to customer job sites.
- Proficient in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Should have poise and confidence when speaking and presenting to groups
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail, including accuracy with numbers.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- German or Spanish language skills desirable but not required.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.