Resident Apprentice Technician, Mobile Cranes (Grand Prairie, AB)Acheson, AB | Job ID 40641
- Job ID 40641
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
Do you have a passion for a career in the skilled trades? Are you a 2nd or 3rd year apprentice with a mechanical apptitude, looking to embark on a rewarding journey towards becoming a Journeyperson? Our company is growing fast and looking to add a Resident/ Field Apprentice to support field work in Grand Prairie, AB.
*Please note this position requires flexibility to travel/schedule hours and is predominately field based. Limited/Occasional shop work may be requested*
- Participate in repair of Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, etc. to resolve moderate to complex problems
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
- Recondition and repair equipment components and systems as assigned
- Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
- Occasionally perform servicing on Liebherr machinery as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
- Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved
- Ensure all final verifications specified in work instructions, scope of work, verbal communication and specifications are carried out and complete
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Highschool completion required
- Relevant experience/knowledge in heavy equipment a strong asset
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn; a passion for learning and adapting to a constantly evolving industry
- Customer service oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Fast learner
- Sharp listener
- Dependable with the drive to seek initiative
- Valid drivers license required
Liebherr Canada is committing to provide a diverse, inclusive, safe and dignified work environment for all employees, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Gauss at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.