Data Engineer I/II 1Newport News, VA | Job ID 40550
- Job ID 40550
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Information technology / Software
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 3/29/2021
The Data Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of LME’s Business Intelligence (BI) environment. This position is one of a developer and an analyst requiring a wide range of BI knowledge. The BI Analyst works collaboratively within our US and overseas organizations for the support, continuous improvement and implementation of ongoing strategic BI initiatives.
- Develops BI deliverables using Microsoft technologies (i.e. SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, C#, etc.).
- Develops database and data warehouse structures and coding in support of BI deliverables.
- Develops technical related documentation for BI deliverables (i.e. design & instructional documents).
- Coordinates and facilitates design reviews with our business users and analysts.
- Ensures compliance with configuration management standards and guidelines (i.e. version control, release management).
- Reports and tracks all BI testing processes and software related issues.
- Provides functionality updates to key personnel on new BI releases and general enhancements.
- Serves as liaison between helpdesk, administrators, analysts, and business users.
- Troubleshoots technical application problems and coordinates solutions with other support groups.
- Obtains regular processing reports to check for errors, assess/analyze errors and distinguishes between databases, application and customized application problems.
- Perform testing on any and all fixes provided for application and abide by the SDLC process for promoting code through the various environments.
- Provides technical support for interfaces and troubleshoots and resolves any interface issues.
- Assists power users with various BI reporting tools and accessing corporate data sources.
- Assists with developing strategy for the installation and testing of major releases.
- Assists in providing supporting documentation for Data Warehouse systems.
- All duties of Level I.
- Work on projects as needed.
- Train power users in various BI reporting tools and accessing corporate data sources.
- Develop strategy for the installation and testing of major releases.
- Provide supporting documentation for Data Warehouse systems.
- Lead small to medium sized projects.
- Travel internationally up to 20%.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education up to five years.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (SharePoint, Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and 1-2 years of experience with the Microsoft BI suite (i.e. SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, etc.) and/or other similar data management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze systems and processes in a business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple requests, issues and/or problems at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner; strive to increase productivity in a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education up to eight years.
- Everything from Level I
- Strong knowledge and 3-5 years of experience with the Microsoft BI suite (i.e. SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, etc.) and/or other similar data management tools.
- Familiarity with multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Familiarity with performance tuning techniques with indexing, data types, and queries.
- Familiarity with large scale enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.